Sunday, September 14, 2008

Boredom Rocks

I'm always excited when I see articles that help me reclaim something that I usually beat myself up about. Here's an article on Boredom.

Personally I like it when I feel bored (even if I do beat myself up about it when it happens). It's usually a temporary feeling that allows me to do a litmus test in my brain. I scan the possible things I could do and whatever my heart jumps for, I know is good. It's fun to observe the things that I'm interested in in that moment. For instance, cleaning the fridge might be very exciting to me when I'm bored rather than when my plate is full. You just never know where you'll end up when you're bored. Find a way to be with it rather than struggling to accomplish something, no matter how long the feeling lasts. Eventually you'll discover the things you want to do. It's like a clean slate or a pausing of Life.

___________________________________________
Take my free mini course for some invaluable self improvement advice.

No comments: